stratos-dev mailing list archives

From Sajith Kariyawasam <saj...@wso2.com>
Subject Supporting dynamically build / publish docker images in cartridge deployment
Date Thu, 04 Sep 2014 07:54:59 GMT
Hi Devs,

As mentioned in Lakmal's previous mail "Stratos and Kuburnetes and docker
support", its better if we can support dynamically build and push Docker
images to the registry during a cartridge deployment.

I think its a great feature to have, and can be supported by using CI tools
like Jenkins. I did bit of a research and were able to get a Docker image
built successfully using docker-build-step-plugin [1]
( I did through Jenkins UI, ideally should be done through their API, will
give an update on that)
Also found that there is another plugin [2]

@Chris, I saw you have done some work in building some docker images
through Jenkins, any suggestions on the plugins etc ?

Thanks,
Sajith

[1] https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/Docker+build+step+plugin
[2] https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/Docker+build+publish+Plugin