stratos-dev mailing list archives

From Lasindu Charith <lasi...@wso2.com>
Subject Re: Stratos 4.1.0 User Management and Permission Model
Date Sun, 07 Sep 2014 10:25:10 GMT
Hi all,

Please find the progress below.

Carbon User Management feature was installed in p2-profile gen since we are
including user management functionality in Stratos 4.1.0. A user role
called 'Tenant-User' will be created with the following permissions. Tenant
user can view Autoscaling policies, Cartridge definitions, deployment
policies, partition definitions, service definitions, subscriptions in the
tenant space while only having the ability to add/remove subscriptions.

[image: Inline image 1]

stratos.manager, cloud.controller and autoscaler compont
services/component.xmls were modified to include relevant permissions
and AuthorizationActions to call particular service methods.The
StratosAdmin REST API methods'  @AuthorizationAction was changed to
facilitate the above permission model.

In the current implementation the stratos UI permissions and REST API
permissions are handled separately. UI permissions are predefined for
Stratos Admin and Tenant admin seperately in the acl.json file. The whole
UI permission model needs to be changed to use carbon user management and
permissions using Jaggery, which I will be looking into next. Will be
including couple of REST API methods to create/delete/modify tenant users
and roles.

WIP :
https://github.com/lasinducharith/stratos/commit/0f018ffb6d9ac33f67d568d7ff3d9688e8f45a43

Thanks,