struts-issues mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From David Sanmartín (JIRA) <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] Updated: (WW-3187) Stream result type charset
Date Tue, 14 Jul 2009 14:34:59 GMT

     [ https://issues.apache.org/struts/browse/WW-3187?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:all-tabpanel
]

David Sanmartín updated WW-3187:
--------------------------------

    Description: 
Stream result type doesn't allow to set charset of the response.

Anyway I was getting that response in UTF-8 as defined in my server config. I discovered the
problem when set the a default locale for my app in struts.properties. After adding "struts.locale=en_GB"
I started to get the response of the stream results in ISO-8859-1 but not the data as I could
point with Firebug.
Here is the response before adding the struts.locale catched with Firebug:

X-Powered-By	Servlet/2.5
Server	Sun Java System Application Server 9.1_02
Set-Cookie	userLanguage=en_GB; Expires=Mon, 12-Oct-2009 14:25:46 GMT; Path=/
Content-Disposition	inline
Content-Type	text/plain
Transfer-Encoding	chunked
Date	Tue, 14 Jul 2009 14:25:47 GMT


The response after adding the struts.locale:

X-Powered-By	Servlet/2.5
Server	Sun Java System Application Server 9.1_02
Set-Cookie	userLanguage=en_GB; Expires=Mon, 12-Oct-2009 14:27:35 GMT; Path=/
Content-Disposition	inline
Content-Type	text/plain;charset=ISO-8859-1
Content-Language	en-GB
Transfer-Encoding	chunked
Date	Tue, 14 Jul 2009 14:27:37 GMT


I can solve this problem modifying my struts.xml file adding the charset after the contentType
in param attribute but I think that's not the better way:

<result type="stream" name="success">
	<param name="contentType">text/plain; charset=UTF-8</param>
	<param name="inputName">inputStream</param>
</result>


My workmate posted more info about it in the struts2 mail list:

http://www.nabble.com/Stream-Result-and-Japanese-data-getting-corrupted-td22432726.html

  was:
Stream result type doesn't allow to set charset of the response.

Anyway I was getting that response in UTF-8 as defined in my server config. I discovered the
problem when set the a default locale for my app in struts.properties. After adding "struts.locale=en_GB"
I started to get the response of the stream results in ISO-8859-1 but not the data as I could
point with Firebug.
Here is the response before adding the struts.locale catched with Firebug:

X-Powered-By	Servlet/2.5
Server	Sun Java System Application Server 9.1_02
Set-Cookie	userLanguage=en_GB; Expires=Mon, 12-Oct-2009 14:25:46 GMT; Path=/
Content-Disposition	inline
Content-Type	text/plain
Transfer-Encoding	chunked
Date	Tue, 14 Jul 2009 14:25:47 GMT


The response after adding the struts.locale:

X-Powered-By	Servlet/2.5
Server	Sun Java System Application Server 9.1_02
Set-Cookie	userLanguage=en_GB; Expires=Mon, 12-Oct-2009 14:27:35 GMT; Path=/
Content-Disposition	inline
Content-Type	text/plain;charset=ISO-8859-1
Content-Language	en-GB
Transfer-Encoding	chunked
Date	Tue, 14 Jul 2009 14:27:37 GMT


I can solve this problem modifying my struts.xml file:

<result type="stream" name="success">
	<param name="contentType">text/plain; charset=UTF-8</param>
	<param name="inputName">inputStream</param>
</result>


My workmate posted more info about it in the struts2 mail list:

http://www.nabble.com/Stream-Result-and-Japanese-data-getting-corrupted-td22432726.html


> Stream result type charset
> --------------------------
>
>                 Key: WW-3187
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/struts/browse/WW-3187
>             Project: Struts 2
>          Issue Type: Bug
>    Affects Versions: 2.1.6
>         Environment: Struts 2.1.6, Glassfish v2.1
>            Reporter: David Sanmartín
>
> Stream result type doesn't allow to set charset of the response.
> Anyway I was getting that response in UTF-8 as defined in my server config. I discovered
the problem when set the a default locale for my app in struts.properties. After adding "struts.locale=en_GB"
I started to get the response of the stream results in ISO-8859-1 but not the data as I could
point with Firebug.
> Here is the response before adding the struts.locale catched with Firebug:
> X-Powered-By	Servlet/2.5
> Server	Sun Java System Application Server 9.1_02
> Set-Cookie	userLanguage=en_GB; Expires=Mon, 12-Oct-2009 14:25:46 GMT; Path=/
> Content-Disposition	inline
> Content-Type	text/plain
> Transfer-Encoding	chunked
> Date	Tue, 14 Jul 2009 14:25:47 GMT
> The response after adding the struts.locale:
> X-Powered-By	Servlet/2.5
> Server	Sun Java System Application Server 9.1_02
> Set-Cookie	userLanguage=en_GB; Expires=Mon, 12-Oct-2009 14:27:35 GMT; Path=/
> Content-Disposition	inline
> Content-Type	text/plain;charset=ISO-8859-1
> Content-Language	en-GB
> Transfer-Encoding	chunked
> Date	Tue, 14 Jul 2009 14:27:37 GMT
> I can solve this problem modifying my struts.xml file adding the charset after the contentType
in param attribute but I think that's not the better way:
> <result type="stream" name="success">
> 	<param name="contentType">text/plain; charset=UTF-8</param>
> 	<param name="inputName">inputStream</param>
> </result>
> My workmate posted more info about it in the struts2 mail list:
> http://www.nabble.com/Stream-Result-and-Japanese-data-getting-corrupted-td22432726.html

-- 
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
-
You can reply to this email to add a comment to the issue online.


Mime
View raw message