struts-issues mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Wes Wannemacher (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] Resolved: (WW-3187) Stream result type charset
Date Mon, 21 Sep 2009 18:43:48 GMT

     [ https://issues.apache.org/struts/browse/WW-3187?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:all-tabpanel
]

Wes Wannemacher resolved WW-3187.
---------------------------------

       Resolution: Fixed
    Fix Version/s: 2.1.8
         Assignee: Wes Wannemacher

To provide a charset in the Content-type header, you can now specify a string, an expression
or don't specify anything (to have the server leave off the charset=)

> Stream result type charset
> --------------------------
>
>                 Key: WW-3187
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/struts/browse/WW-3187
>             Project: Struts 2
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: Other
>    Affects Versions: 2.1.6
>         Environment: Struts 2.1.6, Glassfish v2.1
>            Reporter: David SanmartĂ­n
>            Assignee: Wes Wannemacher
>             Fix For: 2.1.8
>
>
> Stream result type doesn't allow to set charset of the response.
> Anyway I was getting that response in UTF-8 as defined in my server config. I discovered
the problem when set the default locale for my app in struts.properties. After adding "struts.locale=en_GB"
I started to get the response of the stream results in ISO-8859-1 but not the data as I could
point with Firebug.
> Here is the response before adding the struts.locale catched with Firebug:
> X-Powered-By	Servlet/2.5
> Server	Sun Java System Application Server 9.1_02
> Set-Cookie	userLanguage=en_GB; Expires=Mon, 12-Oct-2009 14:25:46 GMT; Path=/
> Content-Disposition	inline
> Content-Type	text/plain
> Transfer-Encoding	chunked
> Date	Tue, 14 Jul 2009 14:25:47 GMT
> The response after adding the struts.locale:
> X-Powered-By	Servlet/2.5
> Server	Sun Java System Application Server 9.1_02
> Set-Cookie	userLanguage=en_GB; Expires=Mon, 12-Oct-2009 14:27:35 GMT; Path=/
> Content-Disposition	inline
> Content-Type	text/plain;charset=ISO-8859-1
> Content-Language	en-GB
> Transfer-Encoding	chunked
> Date	Tue, 14 Jul 2009 14:27:37 GMT
> I can solve this problem modifying my struts.xml file adding the charset after the contentType
in param attribute but I think that's not the better way:
> <result type="stream" name="success">
> 	<param name="contentType">text/plain; charset=UTF-8</param>
> 	<param name="inputName">inputStream</param>
> </result>
> My workmate posted more info about it in the struts2 mail list:
> http://www.nabble.com/Stream-Result-and-Japanese-data-getting-corrupted-td22432726.html

-- 
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
-
You can reply to this email to add a comment to the issue online.


Mime
View raw message