struts-user mailing list archives

From "Marius Sorin Barduta" <mar...@necomm.ro>
Subject Re: example prevents Tomcat start throwingjava.lang.IllegalAccessError
Date Thu, 22 Jun 2000 13:40:34 GMT
Craig, thank you very much for your support!

It works now. :-)
First, the JDK I used was one taken from Oracle JDeveloper 3.0 for Windows
NT (running on a Win2K)

java version "1.2.2-JDeveloper"
Ferrari VM (Copyright (c) 1998, 1999  Oracle Corp.  Version 1.2.184 odv,
nojit)

I had no problems with tomcat and this JDK until I tried to set up struts.
Then I run into the error which  makes the subject of this thread.

I have installed Sun JDK 1.2.2 :

java version "1.2.2"
Classic VM (build JDK-1.2.2-W, native threads, symcjit)

and struts example run OK.
Other remarks:
- I have replaced xml.jar with jaxp.jar and parser.jar in %TOMCAT_HOME%\lib
- As you might guess the error was thrown when compiling the jsp files. Once
the files were compiled the example run even with the first JDK I used.
(well, so it seems :-) )

Marius