struts-user mailing list archives

From "Richard Backhouse" <richardbackho...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Using struts in Suns J2EE Reference Implementation
Date Mon, 26 Jun 2000 15:06:59 GMT
>Did you try just deploying the "struts-example.war" file?  That should
> >also
>work, and has struts.jar in the right place (under WEB-INF/lib).

This doesn't work either. the deploy tool doesn't like the ActionServlet
class being in the struts.jar file. It only lists the classes added to the
web-inf/classes directory as available classfiles for servlets. It even
changes the web.xml to point to a different class file for the action
servlet. I think the only way I will be able to get it to work is to
manually add the war file to the ear file and deploy. Hopefully the j2ee
runtime will handle the struts.jar file correctly (as it is tomcat running
the webapp).

Richard Backhouse
Oak Grove Software