struts-user mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <Craig.McClana...@eng.sun.com>
Subject Re: Struts and XSP?
Date Thu, 01 Jun 2000 16:55:03 GMT
Willie Wheeler wrote:

> Hello,
>
>     Can Struts accomodate XSP? In my web app I will probably need to
> do
> server-side XSLT, and so XSP is looking like an attractive alternative
> JSP.
>
>     Thanks,
>     Willie

That is a good idea.  As a starting point, there is an XSL embedding tag
in the "xsl" library of the Jakarta Taglibs project
<http://jakarta.apache.org/taglibs>.

I'm thinking that an embedded syntax might work better than this
particular tag, so you could have a "foo.jsp" page like this:

    <@ taglib uri="/WEB-INF/struts.tld" prefix="struts" %>
    <struts:apply xsl="mystylesheet.xsl">
        ... xml code to pass through XSLT ...
    </struts:apply>

Does that make sense?

Also, there is some work going on in the next version of the servlet and
JSP specs to make stuff like this configurable at the servlet container
level, instead of making every application deal with it.

Craig McClanahan