struts-user mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <Craig.McClana...@eng.sun.com>
Subject Re: Deploying using Orion
Date Sun, 04 Jun 2000 23:24:56 GMT
Wong Kok Wai wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've the following exception when I try Struts with Orion:
>
> 500 Internal Server Error
>
> javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: Missing resources attribute
> org.apache.struts.action.MESSAGE
>         at
> org.apache.struts.taglib.MessageTag.doStartTag(MessageTag.java:360)
>         at /index.jsp._jspService(/index.jsp.java:37) (JSP page line 6)
>         at com.evermind.server.http.EvermindHttpJspPage.service(JAX)
>         at com.evermind.server.http.HttpApplication.te(JAX)
>         at com.evermind.server.http.JSPServlet.service(JAX)
>         at com.evermind.server.http.de.o6(JAX)
>         at com.evermind.server.http.de.forward(JAX)
>         at com.evermind.server.http.dl.pc(JAX, Compiled Code)
>         at com.evermind.server.http.dl.pb(JAX, Compiled Code)
>         at com.evermind.util.e.run(JAX, Compiled Code)
>
> What did I've missed?

The <struts:message> tag relies on the controller servlet (or some other
initialization process) having stored the application's MessageResources
bundle as a servlet context attribute under that key
("org.apache.struts.action.MESSAGE").  ActionServlet will do this for you
if you specify a servlet init parameter ("application") for it, with the
fully qualified name of your resource bundle -- for the example
application, this is set to
"org.apache.struts.example.ApplicationResources".

Are you getting this error running the unchanged example application?  If
so, please post the servlet log that was generated when that app starts
up.  If not, please post the <servlet> entry from your web.xml file for the
controller servlet.

Craig McClanahan