struts-user mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <Craig.McClana...@eng.sun.com>
Subject Re: "logon.do not found"
Date Sat, 10 Jun 2000 18:24:54 GMT
Keith Barron wrote:

> Yes I do have the web.xml in  WEB-INF, which has the std. entry for the
> "action" servlet.
>
> This gets into where I have only a vague understanding of how Struts works.
> Its probably a good idea for me to look under the covers of Struts and get a
> better understanding of how the "action" servlet works anyway.

Have you modified the example application at all?  If not, it has the following
entry in the web.xml file to define the *.do mapping:

    <servlet-mapping>
        <servlet-name>action</servlet-name>
        <url-pattern>*.do</url-pattern>
    </servlet-mapping>

What OS, JDK, and servlet container are you using?

What URL did you use to invoke the application?  Normally it would be something
like this:

    http://localhost:8080/struts-example/

Craig McClanahan