struts-user mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <Craig.McClana...@eng.sun.com>
Subject Re: STRUTS USER QUESTION
Date Sun, 11 Jun 2000 21:56:44 GMT
Robert Balahura wrote:

> Hi develoepers,
>
> I have started a new web application project and I want to use the struts
> framework, but I am unsure as to a few things.

Great!  Welcome.

> What I would like to do is use the struts ActionServlet as template for my
> own controller servlet in my own web application.   Also, I am unsure as to
> how to use the struts framework properly.  Is there a really rough 'getting
> started using struts as a framework for your own application' existing?

The ActionServlet is designed to be used either as it stands, or you can
subclass it if you need to add additional functionality to the
controller
itself.

The user documentation is in directory "struts/web/documentation", and
it is
structured as a web application that can be copied into a servlet
container
like Tomcat for display.  Similarly, the "struts/web/example" directory
contains the beginnings of an example application that directly uses the
features of the framework.

As of tonight's build, these are going to be repackaged as standard "web
application archive" files that can be dropped into your servlet
container.

> If I can learn how to use the framework, I would be happy to write the
> guide.

I would welcome improvements to the documentation (and the software).

> Thanks for any assistance,
>
> Rob

Craig McClanahan