struts-user mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <Craig.McClana...@eng.sun.com>
Subject Re: Can't get it running.
Date Tue, 13 Jun 2000 19:16:51 GMT
Kare Nuorteva wrote:

> "Craig R. McClanahan" wrote:
> >

> > Have any other Orion users been successful (or not) using Struts?
>
> Hello,
>
> I encountered the same problem. The reason was that I only set the
> struts.jar to classpath, struts.jar doesn't (at least in my case)
> include the org.apache.struts.example -package.
> So those files must be separately copied into the WEB-INF/classes
> -directory.

Good point ... if you want the example application, then you need to
deploy the "struts-example.war" file into your servlet container.  If
you want to use those classes as the basis for your own application, you
need to have the contents of the WEB-INF/classes directory in the
example application available on your classpath (at compile time), and
available to your servlet container when you run.

> It's important to notice that we are discussing about two different
> software:
> - Struts Framework
> - Struts Example Application
>
> Cheers,