struts-user mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <Craig.McClana...@eng.sun.com>
Subject Re: building struts
Date Thu, 22 Jun 2000 15:28:25 GMT
"Ettema, Roland" wrote:

> I have problems with building struts.
> First thing I have to say the source don't give messages that they contain
> coding failures.
> I downloaded the src and I started build.sh. The build directory contains
> only the struts classes and not the
> examples. I checked the build.xml an it says that he will build the example
> too. Is there anybody who cann help me !

Like MAKE, Ant executes a default target (in the case of Struts it is
"compile.library", as defined in the <project> element) when you just execute
"build.sh".  If you want to build a different target -- the name must match a
<target> element in build.xml -- specify it on the command line.  There is a
convenient target that compiles the library, the example application, and the
documentation on at once:

    ./build.sh all

or you can, for example, just build the examples:

    ./build.sh compile.example

To build the distribution in the same format that the nighly builds are in,
execute:

    ./build.sh dist

and you will find the distribution in directory "../dist/struts".

Craig