struts-user mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <Craig.McClana...@eng.sun.com>
Subject Re: Struts and ServletExec
Date Mon, 26 Jun 2000 18:18:45 GMT
Wong Kok Wai wrote:

> Thanks! I'll give it a try when I'm back to work tomorrow.
>
> bryan davis wrote:
>
> > I too saw this problem while playing with some of the configurations.  You
> > need to put struts.jar into the WEB-INF directory of your web application.

Actually it should go in WEB-INF/lib as the documentation points out.

> > You may also have to put struts.jar into your classpath as well depending on
> > your setup and servlet/JSP runner.

If you are running the version of ServletExec that implements the 2.2 spec (i.e.
the newest one), this should never be necessary.  Servlet containers compliant
with 2.2 are supposed to add all JAR files in the WEB-INF/lib directory to the
class path for that application automatically.

> > ---
> > Bryan Davis

Craig McClanahan