struts-user mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <Craig.McClana...@eng.sun.com>
Subject Re: ReadOnly Text Tag back
Date Thu, 29 Jun 2000 18:37:32 GMT
Mike Cannon-Brookes wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> The error with Orion and the latest Struts build is back, whenever size is
> an attribute of <struts:texttag> Orion gives the error
>
> Property 'size' of bean/tag 'org.apache.struts.taglib.TextTag' is read only
>
> (easily seen by trying to register in the example app)
>
> Why is this?
>
> Mike

The actual cause is that Struts mistakenly included two setter methods (one
taking an int and one a String) for properties like size -- I was trying to
work around differences in JSP implementations where some engines would work
correctly with only an "int" setter and some would not.  It turns out that this
isn't legal according to the JavaBeans programming guidelines.  Therefore, I've
changed to only having a single setter (taking "String") and converting the
values to "int" inside the setter as necessary.

I believe that tonight's build (to be dated 20000630) will include fixes for
all of the cases where this error shows up (on Orion), and the corresponding
"cannot find setter" error from other JSP engines.  Please try it out tomorrow
and let me know if you still have problems.

Craig McClanahan