struts-user mailing list archives

From "Nestel, Frank" <frank.nes...@coi.de>
Subject AW: Struts limitation?
Date Wed, 14 Jun 2000 15:07:58 GMT
Hi,

sounds fairly similar to what i wanted to suggest in my last,
probably to long posting. I'm not sure whether you could keep
that hierarchical structure since true web applications are more
like a graph than like a hierarchy (this might be different with
certain very special cases like surveys or multiple choice stuff).
To illustrate that on the most elementary example:
	welcome
		-> signon
		-> logon
	signon
		-> explanations_signon
		-> login (for those how suddenly remember their pwd)
		-> welcome (this is kind of a back button)
	explanations_signon
		-> signon
	login
		-> explanations_login
		-> signon (in case you are not signed on yet)
		-> authenticator
	authenticator
		-> user_page
		-> login (retry)

This cannot easily be flattened in the structure you suggested below
(maybe it was only meant as a simplified sample).

But the idea would be to augment every node (=page) not only with
actions and beans, but also with a named list of destination nodes,
where to go next. In fact Craig already started that with his
registration example, but I'd rather like it in a system. I'd also
like to have a special tag so I can jump to such a named destination
from within the corresponding JSP, so that I can replace pages, by
simply editing the action.xml

stop, to long again

Frank.