struts-user mailing list archives

From "Kevin Duffey" <kduf...@buymedia.com>
Subject RE: What's wrong? strusts + Tomcat 3.2 dev
Date Mon, 19 Jun 2000 17:17:17 GMT
Hi,

> There have been reports of bugs in Tomcat 3.2dev, where the
> <load-on-startup> entries in the web.xml file are being ignored.  The
> Struts example application relies on this capability working correctly
> -- it assumes that the servlet container will have initialized both the
> database servlet and the controller servlet before the first request is
> made.

Uhm..I am using Orion, and I don't use this..because I get a strange effect.
When I use the <load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup> tag, when I start Orion
I see that the servlet is loaded (I know because I compiled the source and
put in an output to show me that it was indeed loading up). This is all
good, but when the first request comes in..it INITs the struts again. If
this is the normal behavior..thats fine. But I can't figure out why on
load-up it works fine..then does the same thing again when the first request
comes in.