struts-user mailing list archives

From "Hutchison, Jeff" <j...@inst.strykercorp.com>
Subject Strut example broke on latest CVS version of tomcat?
Date Mon, 12 Jun 2000 18:20:19 GMT
I have the latest CVS build of tomcat and it appears that the struts
example application stopped running normally after my latest update.

When I run the application just after starting tomcat, I get the
following exception:

javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: Missing resources attribute
org.apache.struts.action.MESSAGE
	at java.lang.Throwable.<init>(Throwable.java:96)
	at java.lang.Exception.<init>(Exception.java:44)
	at javax.servlet.jsp.JspException.<init>(JspException.java:73)
	at
  org.apache.struts.taglib.MessageTag.doStartTag(MessageTag.java:332)
	at
  _0002findex_0002ejspindex_jsp_1._jspService(_0002findex_0002ejspindex_jsp_1.java:68)
	at
  org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:126)
[snip]

It appears that the action and database servlets are not being loaded at
start up properly.  If I manually load both servlets by invoking them
through my browser, then go to the struts example, all is fine.

-jh

--
Jeff Hutchison <jhut@inst.strykercorp.com>
Stryker Instruments Kalamazoo, MI