struts-user mailing list archives

From "R.J. Balahura" <rj-ba...@sciborg.uwaterloo.ca>
Subject Re: STRUTS USER QUESTION
Date Mon, 12 Jun 2000 01:12:08 GMT
Thank-you very much, I will check that.

I have another question which may or may not be appropriate for this
mailing list.  If anyone has any comments, I would really appreciate them.

1.  I was reading the Pet Store Sample Application given by Sun and for
internationalized presentation they seem to use a   template.jsp with a
ScreenDefinition.jsp to fill in the title and body of each page and which
is controlled by a ScreenFlowManager Bean. Is this an approach that has
lasted?

2.  I was more interested in the latter technique for separating content
from presentation than for internationalization.  Are there any
architectures that people have used with Struts to help separate content
from presentation so, say for instance all content can be created in xml
documents by our content provider.

3.  Cocoon seems to replace jsp's altogether because xsl/xml are creating
the presentation layer.  Is there any way that Cocoon can be used while
keeping the the J2EE architecture?

4.  This question is a little foggy but I will try.  In the Pet Store
Sample Application, they use Data Access Objects.  I have always believed
that entity enterprise java beans were enough, and I don't quite
understand why Data Access Objects are required and how entity enterprise
java beans can access them?

Thank-you in advance,

Rob