struts-user mailing list archives

From "David Chisholm" <David_Chish...@i2.com>
Subject RE: Multi Page Form
Date Thu, 06 Jul 2000 17:43:07 GMT

How about assigning the hidden field the names of all of the fields that are
to be validated for the current form; creating an isValidXXX() method for
each property of the bean (where XXX is the property name); and then using
reflection to validate each property specified in the hidden field?  The
ValidatingActionForm bean would not need to know the names of all of the
fields on each page with this approach, but the disadvantage of course is
the overhead of the additional introspection.
David