struts-user mailing list archives

From "Robert Edgar" <robed...@hkstar.com>
Subject RE: Sorry, Yet another problem
Date Sun, 02 Jul 2000 04:45:36 GMT
Well sort of resolved it, thanks to another thread with a similar problem...

I had placed another copy of struts jar under jdk1.3/jre/lib/ext as I need
it there to compile stuff, BUT with that copy there then I get the erro
message if I run Tomcat. Delete this jar and its OK.

It a pain but now I must copy struts to the directory, compile, delete
struts, restart tomcat etc etc etc....

This is a real pain...

any thoughts on another work around

Rob

-----Original Message-----
From: Robert Edgar [mailto:robedgar@hkstar.com]
Sent: Sunday, July 02, 2000 10:45 AM
To: struts-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Sorry, Yet another problem

Sorry to be a pain,
I have another error, sure its my fault,hopefully once I have my first page
up the rest will be smooth sailing <g>

I think this is related to finding the .properties file, I simply copied the
resoureces.propeties file and the tag in web.xml form thje example and
changed the org.a.....struts.example to com.mamba.common. which is hwere my
stuff is.

The only diff I can see is that allthe files ar ein one directory in the
example but I have split some things into a directory called common and most
of the action/form stuff into another directory called jbo (mainly for
historic reason as this is a conversion of an existing of application to use
struts).

Thanks for the help and patience

Rob

javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: Missing resources attribute
org.apache.struts.action.MESSAGE
	at org.apache.struts.taglib.MessageTag.doStartTag(MessageTag.java:332)
	at
_0002flogon_0002ejsplogon_jsp_0._jspService(_0002flogon_0002ejsplogon_jsp_0.
java:68)
	at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:126)
	at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.service(JspServlet.ja
va:174)
	at org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:261)
	at org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:369)
	at
	at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java:559)
	at
onnectionHandler.java:160)
	at
)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)