struts-user mailing list archives

From Colin Sampaleanu <co...@Bspark.com>
Subject RE: logging ?
Date Fri, 06 Oct 2000 13:37:52 GMT
I would reccommend taking a look at log4j (http://www.log4j.org). This is a
very nicely thought out logging package originally sponsored by IBM, and now
donated to the open source community. We've used it in a number of projects
with great success. It's very flexible in that output can go to multiple
'appenders' at the same time (e.g. a file and the console), you can very
flexibly control what output from what code goes where, and you can do this
all without recompiling... It's also very low overhead.