struts-user mailing list archives

From "Amir Iqbal" <aiq...@netlife.com.sg>
Subject Re: Problem using iterate instead of enumerate
Date Tue, 10 Oct 2000 02:49:41 GMT

Hi Vandana,
I noticed that "type" is not an attribute of iterate tag.

"Vandana Gupta/Raleigh/IBM" <vgupta@us.ibm.com> on 10/10/2000 06:07:07 AM

Please respond to struts-user@jakarta.apache.org

 To:      struts-user@jakarta.apache.org

 cc:      (bcc: Amir Iqbal/Singapore/Netlife)

 Subject: Problem using iterate instead of enumerate

Hi,

I am trying to use iterate tag as follows

 <struts:iterate id="myObj" name="myList" type="mypackage.MyObject>
            <struts:htmlProperty name="myObj" property="name"/>
            <struts:htmlProperty name="myObj" property="parent"/>
  </struts:iterate>

"myList" extends Hashtable and contains a collection of "myObject". The
above code worked fine with enumerate. But when I try to use iterate, I get
the following error :

Attribute myObj has no value

I tried replacing the enumerate in registeration.jsp of struts-example with
iterate and it worked fine there. The only difference is that in
struts-example, an array of subscriptions is returned while I am using a
Hashtable. The documentation says iterate works with hashtables... I tried
this with struts_logic: iterate as well and I get the same error.

Any pointers on what I could be missing?

thanks,
Vandana