struts-user mailing list archives

From "Seth Ladd" <s...@brivo.com>
Subject RE: UML Diagrams for Struts
Date Thu, 02 Nov 2000 14:01:37 GMT
> Here's a class diagram I draw some days ago. Feel free to criticize it. I
> can provide you with the Visio 2000 file if you want.

Thanks so much for taking the time to create the diagram.  I really
appreciate it.  One question I had for you, though, is where the
StartUpServlet comes from.  I am assuming that it is a custom servlet you
had created to initialize the webapp?  I have the same problem: how to
initialize the app (building connection pool, find EJBs, etc).  Has anyone
else given this any thought?  One solution would be to specify a startup
class in the actions.xml file.  This class implements init() which is
basically called by the ActionServlet's init().  Any ideas?

Thanks,
Seth