struts-user mailing list archives

From EEAltend...@thoughtworks.COM
Subject RE: EJBs with STRUTS
Date Fri, 03 Nov 2000 19:06:51 GMT

Sorry to be dense, but...  What is <load-on-startup> ?  I didn't see it
mentioned in the docs anywhere.

(Perhaps I would know this if I were using struts, but right now I'm just
trying to evaluate it, and since I'm stuck with a weblogic server, I'm
curious to understand any issues regarding using struts with weblogic.)

Thanks
--Eric

                    Kevin Wang
                    <KWANG@Partne        To:     "'struts-user@jakarta.apache.org'"

                    rware.com>           <struts-user@jakarta.apache.org>

                                         cc:
                    11/03/00             Subject:     RE: EJBs with STRUTS
                    10:26 AM
                    Please
                    respond to
                    struts-user

Dave,

I assume that you want me to explain why I favour Orion over Weblogic for
Struts.

Weblogic does not support Struts out-of-the-box though it might in the
future. The main problem is that <load-on-startup> can not be resolved in
weblogic.

As for deployment, adding application to Orion is almost effortless. Just
tell Orion where you Servlet 2.2 compliant application is located in its
config/application.xml and it will take care of the rest. In Weblogic,
however, you have to fiddle with additional stuff like WEBLOGICCLASSPATH.

Thanks.
Kevin