struts-user mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <Craig.McClana...@eng.sun.com>
Subject Re: Question about iterate tag
Date Thu, 01 Mar 2001 05:29:52 GMT
Shamdasani Nimmi-ANS004 wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Could someone please tell me what I am doing wrong below:
>
> user is a bean in session scope in my JSP and its getSuppliers() method returns a hashtable
where keys are Suppliers Ids and elements are Supplier beans.

> <logic:iterate collection="<%= user.getSuppliers() %>" id="supplier" type="com.motorola.mms.msqc.beans.SupplierBean">
>
> <TR>
> <TD><bean:write name="supplier" property="seq_nbr" scope="page" /></TD>
> <TD><bean:write name="supplier" property="name" scope="page" /></TD>
> <TD><bean:write name="supplier" property="country_name" scope="page" /></TD>
> </TR>
>
> </logic:iterate>

When you iterate over a Hashtable (or any other implementation of the Map interface), the
object get for the "id" variable is actually an implementation of
the "Map.Entry" class, not the class of the value of the bean.  From this "Map.Entry" instance,
however, you can easily get to the real information:

    <bean:write name="supplier" property="value.seq_nbr" scope="page"/>

This works because a MapEntry has two properties -- key and value -- so we are using the nested
property syntax to effectively call getValue().getSeq_nbr().

> Thanks in advance.
>
> -Nimmi

Craig