struts-user mailing list archives

From "Deadman, Hal" <hal.dead...@tallan.com>
Subject RE: JSP includes of
Date Fri, 02 Mar 2001 21:14:31 GMT
You need to use <%@ include file="/include/header.jsp" %> instead of
jsp:include.

When you use jsp:include it is invoking a seperate jsp. The include file
directive will do an inline of the code from the other file which doesn't
have to be a complete jsp, it may be just a code fragment. For that reason I
would rename header.jsp to header.inc or something. That way if you are
doing a batch jsp compile you will be able to tell jsp fragments from full
jsps using the extension.

-----Original Message-----
From: Zia, Asad [mailto:Asad.Zia@ps.net]
Sent: Friday, March 02, 2001 1:00 PM
To: 'struts-user@jakarta.apache.org'
Subject: FW: JSP includes of

I am including the taglib URIs in the include file. The page comes up, with
the tags unprocessed. When I view the source of the page, the tags appear
unprocessed as text.

This is my include file:

//header.jsp
<%@ page language="java" %>
<%@ taglib uri="/WEB-INF/struts-bean.tld" prefix="bean" %>
<%@ taglib uri="/WEB-INF/struts-html.tld" prefix="html" %>
<%@ taglib uri="/WEB-INF/struts-logic.tld" prefix="logic" %>
<h2>Hello!</h2>

This is my JSP:
//welcome.jsp
<jsp:include page="include/header.jsp"/>
image"/>

This image does not load in the page but Hello! appears. When I view the
source, this img tag is described explicitly i.e.
image"/>

Thus my include file is found and loaded without errors, but does not
resolve the taglib URI, without reporting errors. Any suggestion will help!

Thanks

Asad