struts-user mailing list archives

From Martijn Spronk <spr...@columbusgroup.com>
Subject RE: dynamically constructing non-jsp pages
Date Wed, 14 Mar 2001 17:13:09 GMT
I assume one way should be by configuring your servlet/JSP
engine. For example in Resin, jsp files are processed by the
JspServlet servlet because of the mapping:

<servlet-mapping url-pattern='*.jsp'
servlet-name='com.caucho.jsp.JspServlet'/>

I don't see why this wouldn't work for *.js.

Martijn.

Martijn Spronk
spronk@columbusgroup.com
www.columbusgroup.com
604.801.5758 ext. 248
Vancouver + Toronto + Seattle

-----Original Message-----
From: Andre_Beskrowni@enron.net [mailto:Andre_Beskrowni@enron.net]
Sent: March 14, 2001 8:51 AM
To: struts-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: dynamically constructing non-jsp pages

first, let me say that this is not necessarily struts-specific, but since
i'm
pretty much using struts exclusively these days, and this list generates so
much
more useful info than the sun jsp and servlet list, i decided to try here
first.

here's my situation, i would like query a database and load the results for
some
reference tables into .js files, where they can then be quickly accessed for
client side validation.  (not an ideal solution, i know, but it would take
me
along time to explain why we came to this decision.)  i realize i can do
this
the hard way by directly printing out the response in the servlet, but i'd
like
to avoid that if possible.  is there a way to dynamically load a page and
not
have it end with the .jsp suffix?

thanks,

ab