struts-user mailing list archives

From "Andrew Boyko" <abo...@fabgear.com>
Subject RE: info: what works well when developing struts
Date Wed, 14 Mar 2001 19:55:41 GMT
> If you need database drivers, but these in resin/lib. I'm not sure the
> reason, but you can't have them in WEB-INF/lib (it won't work)

Actually, we've never found this to be true with
PostgreSQL, Oracle, or DB2's JDBC drivers.  In fact,
the only off-the-shelf jar we've ever needed to place
in resin/lib is Sitraka (KL Group)'s JClass ServerChart;
it has some weird classloader issues that cause it to stop
working after a class reload, or in multiple virtual hosts,
unless it's loaded from resin/lib.  Sitraka says "resin
is not supported", and meanwhile I can't even figure out
what you'd do to induce that behavior if you *wanted* to.

thanks for letting me vent. :)

Andy Boyko   aboyko@fabgear.com