struts-user mailing list archives

From "Nanduri, Amarnath" <Amarnath.Nand...@Agilquest.com>
Subject RE: Struts::WAP ... sorta
Date Tue, 01 May 2001 17:53:24 GMT
Excellent Anthony. Please keep me updated on any developments that you might
have done in the future. In my current project (we are using struts 1.0) we
might be wap-enabling them and i am really interested in minimizing the
headache associated with development for WAP. Thanks a lot.

My email address :  amarnath.nanduri@agilquest.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Anthony Martin [mailto:Anthony@TRAMS.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 01, 2001 1:33 PM
To: 'struts-user@jakarta.apache.org'
Subject: Struts::WAP ... sorta

I got WAP to work using Struts.  I couldn't find any WML taglibs, so I just
use HTML comments so I could still benefited from the standard tags like
<bean:write> and <bean:message>.  Example:

<%@ page language="java" contentType="text/vnd.wap.wml"
%><%@ taglib uri="/WEB-INF/struts-bean.tld" prefix="bean"
%><%@ taglib uri="/WEB-INF/struts-html.tld" prefix="html"
%><%@ taglib uri="/WEB-INF/struts-logic.tld" prefix="logic"
%><?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE wml PUBLIC "-//PHONE.COM//DTD WML 1.1//EN"
          "http://www.phone.com/dtd/wml11.dtd">

<wml>
 <!--<html:html locale="true">-->
 <!--<html:form action="/listProfile">-->
 <card id="filter" title="filter">
  Matched: <bean:write name="listProfileForm" property="max" />
  .
  . other cool stuff here
  .
 </card>
 <!--</html:form>-->
 <!--</html:html>-->
</wml>

Hope this is helpful to someone, and maybe someone else has a tip/gotcha for
me.

Anthony

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
It is by the Beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed,
the hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning.
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.