struts-user mailing list archives

From shunhui zhu <shunhui_...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: "html:message" tag
Date Tue, 01 May 2001 22:57:52 GMT
My guess: A reference to the message property file is
obtained in the ActionServlet.initApp() method. If
ActionServlet is not loaded at startup, then this
method is not called. So when you call <html:message>,
it's probably still not called (unless the
ActionServlet is instantiated before displaying the
page).

Shunhui

--- Sue Deng <sdeng@covalent.net> wrote:
> I would like to share what I did wrong before:  I
> forgot to put the line
> "<load-on-startup>2</load-on-startup>" in web.xml
> file.  After I add
> this line, my jsp works.  So, why is this line so
> important for using
> bean:message lag?
>
> Thanks,
>
> -Sue
>
> Jason Chaffee wrote:
>

> > I find the following configuration easier:
> >
> > Simply put the the resouce file in
> /WEB-INF/classes directory.
> >
> > Then change the deployment descriptor as follows:
> >
> >    <servlet>
> >      <servlet-name>action</servlet-name>

> >      <init-param>
> >        <param-name>application</param-name>
> >
> <param-value>ApplicationResources</param-value>
> >
> > Also, make sure there isn't a typo in your
> resource file or your jsp
> > page.

<param-value>net.covalent.ApplicationResources</param-value>