struts-user mailing list archives

From "Azariah Jeyakumar" <azariah.jeyaku...@tumbleweed.com>
Subject More File upload problems
Date Tue, 01 May 2001 21:32:17 GMT
Hi,

I have found three more problems with file upload using the nightly build
(20010430):

1. File upload does not work (see exception stack trace below) with IE 5.0
but works with IE 5.5, Netscape 4.76, Netscape 6.
2. Cleanup of temp files on empty upload
	If I submit the form without choosing the file to upload, the tmp
file does not get cleaned up. I have checked that I am calling
FormFile.destroy()
3. temp dir is not taken from javax.servlet.context.tempDir
	I am using resin and it correctly sets the attribute
javax.servlet.context.tempDir to the directory ...\WEB-INF\tmp. But the
ActionServlet continues to have the tempDir property as null. When I
explicitly create the directory (whose path is returned in the File object
in the javax.servlet.context.tempDir attribute) and then set its path in
ActionServlet, then the upload correctly happens in this directory.

Thanks
Azariah

500 Servlet Exception
javax.servlet.ServletException: MultipartIterator: no multipart request data
sent
	at
org.apache.struts.upload.MultipartIterator.parseRequest(MultipartIterator.ja
va:337)
	at
org.apache.struts.upload.MultipartIterator.<init>(MultipartIterator.java:152
)
	at
org.apache.struts.upload.DiskMultipartRequestHandler.handleRequest(DiskMulti
partRequestHandler.java:59)
	at
org.apache.struts.util.RequestUtils.populate(RequestUtils.java:454)
	at
org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.processPopulate(ActionServlet.java:20
20)
	at
org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1535)
	at
org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doGet(ActionServlet.java:489)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:102)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:83)
	at com.caucho.server.http.Invocation.service(Invocation.java:291)
	at
com.caucho.server.http.CacheInvocation.service(CacheInvocation.java:121)
	at
com.caucho.server.http.HttpRequest.handleRequest(HttpRequest.java:238)
	at
com.caucho.server.http.HttpRequest.handleConnection(HttpRequest.java:157)
	at com.caucho.server.TcpConnection.run(TcpConnection.java:140)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)