struts-user mailing list archives

From Richard Backhouse <rbackho...@oakgrovesoftware.com>
Subject Re: Struts::WAP ... sorta
Date Tue, 01 May 2001 18:03:16 GMT
Anthony,

I have just completed an hdml interface to my already existing j2ee/struts based
application. It turned out to be very successful in how it works with the struts
controller architecture. It ended up being an additional webapp that I added to
provide an interface to my ejb backend. The action classes that I wrote for the
hdml jsps worked with the same data strutures that I had in place for my html
front end.

The majority of the work was writing hdml ui tags to wrapper most of the hdml
tags (choice, entry, ce etc.) I had to use these when they were dependent on
dynamic content. They generally pulled values out of beans stored in the
request/session. These tags complimented the logic and bean tags that struts
provides. You could see them as being hdml equivalent of the struts html tags.

Right now I am putting together an example hdml/struts app that demonstrates
what I have put together with the goal of producing a white paper. The tags I
have need more work to make them more reusable.

Richard Backhouse
Oak Grove Software