struts-user mailing list archives

From "Turgay Zengin" <turgay_zen...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: How do you use indexed properties with html:input?
Date Thu, 01 Jan 1970 00:00:00 GMT
Richard,
I put my bean in session scope when I create it in an action class:

OracleConnBean dbconn=null;
dbconn = (OracleConnBean)session.getAttribute("dbconnection");
if(dbconn == null) {
    dbconn = new OracleConnBean();
    session.setAttribute("dbconnection", dbconn);
}

Then, I can access the object from my jsp pages without using jsp:useBean.

I am not exactly sure because I am not very much experienced with
jsp/servlets, but this may be the reason for those 3 beans created. By the
way, how did you find that out? How do you debug? (This may be a more
general question as what is the best way to debug jsp/servlets? I don't
debug yet, but I want to. I am using Forte CE. I heard about debugging in
Tomcat using IBM VAJ, do I need to get that?)

When you don't use jsp:useBean, you better use the "type" attribute in your
iterate tag, to get the correct object type:

<struts_logic:iterate id="element" name="testGridForm" property="data"
type="type_of_your_data_element" >

HTH,
Turgay