struts-user mailing list archives

From Anthony Martin <Anth...@TRAMS.com>
Subject RE: Struts::WAP ... sorta
Date Tue, 01 May 2001 22:47:11 GMT
That's the way to go, though.  My little kludge was just pretty much just to
test the reusability of my ActionForm and Action classes.  It has been
incredibly easy, but then I'm not doing anything too impressive.  I'm sure
that if I actually wrote some custom tags, I'd use <logic> a whole lot less.

I agree, the real beauty here is the reusability of the ActionForm and
Action classes, which is what the Struts framework was designed to do.  It's
neat to see that adhering to the standards actually pays off.

Anthony
Another satisfied customer.

-----Original Message-----
From: Richard Backhouse [mailto:rbackhouse@oakgrovesoftware.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 01, 2001 11:03 AM
To: struts-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Re: Struts::WAP ... sorta

Anthony,

I have just completed an hdml interface to my already existing j2ee/struts
based
application. It turned out to be very successful in how it works with the
struts
controller architecture. It ended up being an additional webapp that I added
provide an interface to my ejb backend. The action classes that I wrote for
the
hdml jsps worked with the same data strutures that I had in place for my
html
front end.

The majority of the work was writing hdml ui tags to wrapper most of the
hdml
tags (choice, entry, ce etc.) I had to use these when they were dependent on

dynamic content. They generally pulled values out of beans stored in the
request/session. These tags complimented the logic and bean tags that struts

provides. You could see them as being hdml equivalent of the struts html
tags.

Right now I am putting together an example hdml/struts app that demonstrates

what I have put together with the goal of producing a white paper. The tags
have need more work to make them more reusable.

Richard Backhouse
Oak Grove Software