struts-user mailing list archives

From Matt Raible <matt_rai...@yahoo.com>
Subject java.io.NotSerializableException: java.util.HashMap
Date Tue, 28 Aug 2001 18:30:41 GMT
I am getting the following error on a JSP page that I am using struts taglibs.
However, I am using Sets and ArrayLists for my <selects> - not a hashmap??

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Matt

[28/Aug/2001 12:29:20:9] error: Exception: SERVLET-IO_exception: IOException
occurred
Exception Stack Trace:
java.io.NotSerializableException: java.util.HashMap$1
        at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.outputObject(ObjectOutputStream.java:845)
        at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeObject(ObjectOutputStream.java:342)
        at
java.io.ObjectOutputStream.outputClassFields(ObjectOutputStream.java:1567)
        at
java.io.ObjectOutputStream.defaultWriteObject(ObjectOutputStream.java:453)
        at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.outputObject(ObjectOutputStream.java:911)
        at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeObject(ObjectOutputStream.java:342)
        at
com.netscape.server.servlet.platformhttp.PlatformNASSession.putMemberValue(Unknown
Source)
        at
com.netscape.server.servlet.platformhttp.PlatformNASSession.saveSession(Unknown
Source)
        at
com.netscape.server.servlet.platformhttp.PlatformHttpServletRequest.saveSession(Unknown
Source)
        at
com.netscape.server.servlet.servletrunner.ServletRunner.execute(Unknown Source)
        at com.kivasoft.applogic.AppLogic.execute(Unknown Source)
        at com.kivasoft.applogic.AppLogic.execute(Unknown Source)
        at com.kivasoft.thread.ThreadBasic.run(Native Method)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:479)