struts-user mailing list archives

From "Gar?ar ?. Gu?geirsson" <gard...@raqoon.is>
Subject RE: Struts & UML ....
Date Thu, 16 Aug 2001 14:21:24 GMT

Hi Rodney,

UML stands for "Unified Modelling Language", and you can use it to model
anything you like; not just the three layers you ask about. I think,
however, that this picture will tell you what you want to know:

http://www.husted.com/about/struts/uml-jps.pdf

The picture shows how the different components of the Struts MVC
architecture are distributed over the presentation, business and data
layers, using a UML class diagram.

Regards,
Gardar Gudgeirsson

-----Original Message-----
From: Rodney Smith [mailto:rodneys@gmx.net]
Sent: 16. agust 2001 12:13
To: struts-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Re: Struts & UML ....

Hi All,

Thanks for the response, but that is not what I am asking, the question is
in a UML there are specific layers e.g. presentation layer, business layer,
data layer.
The MVC 'Model View Controller is within this UML?
The question is where in UML is the MVC located?
I thought that it was in the presentation layer, but I am unsure if the
'Model' part of the MVC is located in the business layer?
I hope that the information I have provided is sufficient enough for a
response.
Thanks again.

Kind Regards
Rodney Smith