struts-user mailing list archives

From "Carl Sziebert" <carl.szieb...@listenpoint.com>
Subject Tomcat 4.0/Struts/Web.xml Question
Date Mon, 01 Oct 2001 18:47:08 GMT
Hey all,

I have an issue that has probably been addressed previously, however, I
can’t find any references to it in the archive.  I recently installed
Catalina (Tomcat 4) and installed a webapp that works on Tomcat 3.2.  I
am receiving the following error (included below) on startup of
Catalina.  I have placed both the most recent versions of the DOM and
SAX parsers in %CATALINA_HOME%\lib, and I am still receiving the error.
It apprears that it is complaining about the web.xml file for the webapp
that I installed.  As far as I can tell it is the standard web.xml file
that is provided with standard Struts application.  I have included the
error below and have attached the web.xml for your review.  It is
probably something simple that I have missed.

-----

PARSE error at line 38 column -1
org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Element "web-app" does not allow
"servlet" here.

-----

Thanks to you all for you help.

Carl