struts-user mailing list archives

From "Sean" <jaka...@wideasleep.com>
Subject html:link and bean:message usage together
Date Mon, 01 Oct 2001 17:51:01 GMT
Hello All,

I am trying to dynamically load a URL from the ApplicationResources file via
the bean:message tag in order to make it the href target of a html:link or a
<A HREF tag.  I keep running into errors when trying to do this.  I have
tried:

<A HREF="<bean:message key="company.url"/>">something</A>

nothing, also tried:

still nothing ... I also tried escaping the " marks in the bean:message tag
that didn't work either.  Basically I want a attribute in the html:link tag
that allows you  to specify a message resource or I want to be able to save
the value from the bean:message tag away into a variable.  Or, finally I
need to know how via a JSP I can get a handle to the MessageResources and
extract the url I need from the resource bundle.

Hasn't anyone else wanted to put regional specific URL's into their
ApplicationResources.properties files to have different locals link to
different web sites based on location?  Seems like a pretty common thing to
me ... I hope this is enough info ... let me know if you need anything else.

Sean