struts-user mailing list archives

From "David A. D. Konrad" <kon...@dadk.dk>
Subject Forcing update...?
Date Tue, 02 Oct 2001 07:47:07 GMT
Hi List,
im very new to struts, and having a hard time by understanding it. Im coming from a delphi-millieu,
so I lack obviously some basic understanding regarding application servers and so on.

My question is, how can i force an update on my jsp-pages?

I have a select-list and some text-fields, and i want the text-fields to be updated when the
focused item in the list is changed. My select looks like this,

    <bean:message key="role.roletable"/>
                                    property="value"
                                    labelProperty="label"/>

My textfields looks like this

         <bean:message key="role.id"/>
         <bean:message key="role.name"/>

The collection is some rows from a DB2-table, which is passed to my ActionForm/Action through
some BusinessDelegates/ValueObjects. I have absolutely no problems with the list, and the
property "selected_role" contains the correct value. What I need is some kind of "OnChange-event"
that is able to force a reload on my textfields.

I really hope someone has a simple answer or hint. I guess there is some very obviously i
have missed....?

best regards,