struts-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From tn...@FBOS.com
Subject RE: Configuring Struts with Tomcat and Apache
Date Tue, 02 Oct 2001 15:28:56 GMT
Martin,

Thank you for the response.  I have included the JkMount /*.do ajp12 and it
still has not alleviated the problems.  I no longer think that it is related
directly to the mod_jk now.  I have noticed the following in the jasper.log
file:

2001-09-09 11:39:01 - Scratch dir for the JSP engine is:
D:\jakarta-tomcat-3.2.3\work\localhost_8080%2Fexamples
2001-09-09 11:39:01 - IMPORTANT: Do not modify the generated servlets
2001-09-09 11:39:23 - JspEngine --> /index.jsp
2001-09-09 11:39:23 - 	     ServletPath: /index.jsp
2001-09-09 11:39:23 - 	        PathInfo: null
2001-09-09 11:39:23 - 	        RealPath:
D:\jakarta-tomcat-3.2.3\webapps\struts-example\index.jsp
2001-09-09 11:39:23 - 	      RequestURI: /struts-example/index.jsp
2001-09-09 11:39:23 - 	     QueryString: null
2001-09-09 11:39:23 - 	  Request Params: 
2001-09-09 11:39:23 - Classpath according to the Servlet Engine is:
D:\jakarta-tomcat-3.2.3\webapps\struts-example\WEB-INF\classes;D:\jakarta-to
mcat-3.2.3\webapps\struts-example\WEB-INF\lib\struts.jar

So this would indictate that it is finding the page ok.  I think the error
is related to the "NoSuchMedhodError", but I am not sure what would be
causing this.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Todd G. Nist
tnist@fbos.com

Error: 500
Location: /struts-example/index.jsp
Internal Servlet Error:

javax.servlet.ServletException
	at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:508)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:865)
	at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.doService(ServletWrapper.java:405)
	at org.apache.tomcat.core.Handler.service(Handler.java:287)
	at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.service(ServletWrapper.java:372)
	at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.internalService(ContextManager.java:81
2)
	at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java:758)
	at
org.apache.tomcat.service.connector.Ajp12ConnectionHandler.processConnection
(Ajp12ConnectionHandler.java:166)
	at
org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:416)
	at
org.apache.tomcat.util.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:501)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)

------> Error here, what would cause this <------
Root cause: 
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError
	at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.TagLibraryInfoImpl.createAttribute(TagLibraryInfo
Impl.java:524)
	at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.TagLibraryInfoImpl.createTagInfo(TagLibraryInfoIm
pl.java:432)
	at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.TagLibraryInfoImpl.parseTLD(TagLibraryInfoImpl.ja
va:385)
	at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.TagLibraryInfoImpl.(TagLibraryInfoImpl.java:233)
	at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.JspParseEventListener.handleDirective(JspParseEve
ntListener.java:706)
	at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.DelegatingListener.handleDirective(DelegatingList
ener.java:116)
	at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser$Directive.accept(Parser.java:215)
	at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parse(Parser.java:1077)
	at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parse(Parser.java:1042)
	at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parse(Parser.java:1038)
	at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:209)
	at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.doLoadJSP(JspServlet.java:612)
	at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JasperLoader12.loadJSP(JasperLoader12.java:146)
	at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.loadJSP(JspServlet.java:542)
	at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.loadIfNecessary(JspSe
rvlet.java:258)
	at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.service(JspServlet.ja
va:268)
	at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:429)
	at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:500)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:865)
	at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.doService(ServletWrapper.java:405)
	at org.apache.tomcat.core.Handler.service(Handler.java:287)
	at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.service(ServletWrapper.java:372)
	at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.internalService(ContextManager.java:81
2)
	at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java:758)
	at
org.apache.tomcat.service.connector.Ajp12ConnectionHandler.processConnection
(Ajp12ConnectionHandler.java:166)
	at
org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:416)
	at
org.apache.tomcat.util.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:501)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)


-----Original Message-----
From: Martin Samm [mailto:m_sam@readingroom.net]
Sent: Tuesday, October 02, 2001 3:40 AM
To: struts-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Re: Configuring Struts with Tomcat and Apache


had this problem with the same setup as yourself - i though mod_jk.conf
would 
be used to generate mod_jk.conf-auto when Tomcat starts up, but it doesn't 
appear that that happens - you need to add in the line for '.do' yourself in

between starting Tomcat and Apache. 

On Monday 01 Oct 2001 10:34 pm, you wrote:
> I am a new-bie to Struts and have just installed 1.0 with Tomcat 3.2.2 and
> Apache.  I followed the instructions in the installations
> (tomcat-apache.conf). But when trying to run an example like
> struts-example, I am encountering the below error. In the documentation
> there is a description for tomcat-apache.conf to add an ADDHANDLER *.do
> after the "corresponding line for the .jsp extension), but I am using
> mod_jk under Window 2000 and therefore mod_jk.conf; so I would guess that
I
> need to add an entry to the mod_jk.conf file, but where?  I have modified
> my mod_jk.conf file to include the line "JkMount /*.do ajp12" but it does
> not appear to be carried over to the mod_jk.conf-auto created by tomcat. 
> What am I doing wrong?
>
> All suggestions are welcome.
>
> Environment:
> 	Windows 2000
> 	Tomcat: 3.2.2
> 	Apache: 1.3.14
>
> Error: 500
> Location: /struts-example/index.jsp
> Internal Servlet Error:
>
> javax.servlet.ServletException
> 	at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:399)
> 	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:865)
> 	at
> org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.doService(ServletWrapper.java:404)
> 	at org.apache.tomcat.core.Handler.service(Handler.java:286)
> 	at
> org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.service(ServletWrapper.java:372)
> 	at
>
org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.internalService(ContextManager.java:7
>9 7)
> 	at
> org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java:743)
> 	at
>
org.apache.tomcat.service.connector.Ajp12ConnectionHandler.processConnectio
>n (Ajp12ConnectionHandler.java:166)
> 	at
> org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:416)
> 	at
> org.apache.tomcat.util.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:498)
> 	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)
>
> Root cause:
> java.lang.NoSuchMethodError
> 	at
>
org.apache.jasper.compiler.TagLibraryInfoImpl.createAttribute(TagLibraryInf
>o Impl.java:524)
> 	at
>
org.apache.jasper.compiler.TagLibraryInfoImpl.createTagInfo(TagLibraryInfoI
>m pl.java:432)
> 	at
>
org.apache.jasper.compiler.TagLibraryInfoImpl.parseTLD(TagLibraryInfoImpl.j
>a va:385)
> 	at
>
org.apache.jasper.compiler.TagLibraryInfoImpl.(TagLibraryInfoImpl.java:233)
> 	at
>
org.apache.jasper.compiler.JspParseEventListener.handleDirective(JspParseEv
>e ntListener.java:706)
> 	at
>
org.apache.jasper.compiler.DelegatingListener.handleDirective(DelegatingLis
>t ener.java:116)
> 	at
> org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser$Directive.accept(Parser.java:215)
> 	at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parse(Parser.java:1077)
> 	at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parse(Parser.java:1042)
> 	at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parse(Parser.java:1038)
> 	at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:182)
> 	at
> org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.doLoadJSP(JspServlet.java:462)
> 	at
> org.apache.jasper.servlet.JasperLoader12.loadJSP(JasperLoader12.java:146)
> 	at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.loadJSP(JspServlet.java:433)
> 	at
>
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.loadIfNecessary(JspS
>e rvlet.java:152)
> 	at
>
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.service(JspServlet.j
>a va:164)
> 	at
> org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:318)
> 	at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:391)
> 	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:865)
> 	at
> org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.doService(ServletWrapper.java:404)
> 	at org.apache.tomcat.core.Handler.service(Handler.java:286)
> 	at
> org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.service(ServletWrapper.java:372)
> 	at
>
org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.internalService(ContextManager.java:7
>9 7)
> 	at
> org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java:743)
> 	at
>
org.apache.tomcat.service.connector.Ajp12ConnectionHandler.processConnectio
>n (Ajp12ConnectionHandler.java:166)
> 	at
> org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:416)
> 	at
> org.apache.tomcat.util.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:498)
> 	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)
>
>
> Regards,
>
> Todd G. Nist
> tnist@fbos.com
>
>
> The information in this electronic mail ("e-mail") message may
> be confidential and for use of only the named recipient.  The
> information may be protected by privilege, work product immunity
> or other applicable law.  If you are not the intended recipient
> the retention, dissemination, distribution or copying of this
> e-mail message is strictly prohibited.  If you receive this e-mail
> message in error please notify us immediately by telephone
> at 770-723-1011 or arudesea@fbos.com  Thank you.

-- 
Martin Samm MSc, Bsc Hons

http://www.readingroom.com
Winner : Best Business to Business Website 2000-01
(Internet Business Awards sponsored by ntl)

Reading Room Ltd.
77 Dean Street
Soho
London
W1D 3SH
UK

Tel: +44 (0) 20 7734 9499
Fax: +44 (0) 20 7739 4190

The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to 
which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged 
material.  Any review, re-transmission, dissemination or other use of, or 
taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or 
entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.  If you received 
this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any 
computer.


The information in this electronic mail ("e-mail") message may
be confidential and for use of only the named recipient.  The
information may be protected by privilege, work product immunity
or other applicable law.  If you are not the intended recipient
the retention, dissemination, distribution or copying of this
e-mail message is strictly prohibited.  If you receive this e-mail
message in error please notify us immediately by telephone
at 770-723-1011 or arudesea@fbos.com  Thank you. 



Mime
View raw message