struts-user mailing list archives

From "Domingo Aguilera" <domingo_aguil...@sinergia.com.mx>
Subject RE: Tomcat 4.0/Struts/Web.xml Question
Date Mon, 01 Oct 2001 18:02:39 GMT
Place all related to servlet element at first place in web.xml,
that is right after <web-app>

-----Mensaje original-----
De: Carl Sziebert [mailto:carl.sziebert@listenpoint.com]
Enviado el: Lunes, 01 de Octubre de 2001 01:47 p.m.
Para: struts-user@jakarta.apache.org
Asunto: Tomcat 4.0/Struts/Web.xml Question

Hey all,

I have an issue that has probably been addressed previously, however, I canÂ’
t find any references to it in the archive.  I recently installed Catalina
(Tomcat 4) and installed a webapp that works on Tomcat 3.2.  I am receiving
the following error (included below) on startup of Catalina.  I have placed
both the most recent versions of the DOM and SAX parsers in
%CATALINA_HOME%\lib, and I am still receiving the error.  It apprears that
it is complaining about the web.xml file for the webapp that I installed.
As far as I can tell it is the standard web.xml file that is provided with
standard Struts application.  I have included the error below and have
attached the web.xml for your review.  It is probably something simple that
I have missed.

-----

PARSE error at line 38 column -1

org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Element "web-app" does not allow "servlet"
here.

-----

Thanks to you all for you help.

Carl