struts-user mailing list archives

From "Abhishek Srivastava" <abhish...@india.hp.com>
Subject RE: Action an overkill ??
Date Wed, 05 Dec 2001 10:53:27 GMT
Thanks for your reply,

There is a debate in my team these days on the use of Jsp Tags versus
Actions.

Some jsp developers feel that ejbs should be accessed via tag libraries,
databases should be accessed via tag libraries and for simple rendering
things like sorting a table jsp tag libraries should be used. While others
like to use Actions for all the things mentioned above.

Is there a document somewhere which describes what tasks are better suited
for actions and what tasks are better suited for tag libraries.

Technically, things mentioned above can be done easily by either as action
or as jsp tags.But I want to make a consistent decision through out the
application.

regards,
Abhishek.

A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for.
John A. Shedd

    *****     *****     Abhishek Srivastava
    ***  /_  __ ***     Hewlett-Packard - Solutions Organization
    **  / / /_/  **     19 Cunningham Road. Bangalore -560052.
    ***    /    ***     phone +91 80 2251554 Extn:1532
    *****     *****     mailto:abhisheks@india.hp.com

For additional commands, e-mail: