struts-user mailing list archives

From Matt Raible <matt_rai...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: AW: HTTP form based authentication
Date Mon, 03 Dec 2001 15:08:37 GMT
Yes this is normal.  To get to a "protected" area of your web-app, you have to
login.

The way we've routed users to the main-page all the time is to hit an Action
that routes them to the main page.  Put a link to this action on your welcome
page.

A real advantage of container-managed authentication is that users can probably
bookmark many pages, and get back to them just by signing in.  If you need to
perform additional processing when a user logs in, you might consider using
Filters.

Matt