struts-user mailing list archives

From "Dick Starr" <d...@starrcs.com>
Subject Why doesn't the Artimus application see my re-compiled classes?
Date Fri, 22 Feb 2002 21:34:41 GMT
I am running Ted's Artimus sample application and it runs fine until I
change the table names (they are defined as static fields in his Commands
classes). Via some diagnostic code I can see the old Command classes are
being executed (not my modified and re-compiled Command classes) when I
enter http://localhost:8080/artimus/do/admin/CreateTables . The old classes
execute even when I stop Tomcat, erase the old generated JSP's, and re-start
Tomcat.

I thought all Struts classes were servlets, and that re-starting the servlet
container causes your classes to be re-loaded in the JVM. I must be wrong in
this assumption.

If the Commands classes are not considered servlets, do I need to configure
Tomcat with some URI to make the Commands classes identified as servlets? In
any event, I don't see why I should have to re-start Tomcat to recognize a
re-compiled class.

I am using Netbeans 3.3.1, Tomcat 4.0.2, and SDK 1.4.0 ( although the
1.3.1_01 SDK acted the same way).

Thanks in advance.

Dick