struts-user mailing list archives

From "Ivan Siviero" <ivan.sivi...@concept.it>
Subject Re: Tiles Definitions - how to I 18n them?
Date Tue, 06 Feb 2001 09:59:01 GMT

>   <definition name="index" path="/layouts/courseBuilder.jsp">
>   <put name="title"  value="Course Builder" />
>   <put name="header" value="/common/header.jsp" />
>   <put name="menu"   value="doc.menu.main" />
>   <put name="footer" value="/common/footer.jsp" />
>   <put name="body"   value="doc.portal.body" />
>   </definition>

    well, instead of "Course Builder" String you can put the key which
identifies the string in the ApplicationResources.
    In the jsp page which use the above definition you start the page by
using <tiles:importAttribute/>
   then use the <bean:message key="title">. (Not tested)

    Another solution should be to localize the definition xml file.
    So you should have your default definition file
(componentDefinitions.xml) and other definitions files for the specified
language (componentDefinitions_it, componentDefinitions_en,
componentDefinitions_de ......)
Bye
Ivan