struts-user mailing list archives

From "Olivier Dinocourt" <olivier.dinoco...@anpe.fr>
Subject Re: URGENT: Null Strings in Websphere
Date Tue, 12 Feb 2002 15:42:33 GMT
I might be wrong, but it seems to me that this standard Java behavior....
When your String is null and you try to print it, it displays the String
value "null".

A workaround might be to force all empty Strings to be "" instead of null...

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dave J Dandeneau" <Dave.Dandeneau@viant.com>
Sent: Tuesday, February 12, 2002 4:38 PM
Subject: URGENT: Null Strings in Websphere

Whenever we have a String value in our forms, and the value is not set (""),
it is getting sent back to the jsp as "null". By "null" I mean the actual
string, and not an empty object. This is making validation of these fields
fail. Has anyone seen this and found a work around.

Thanks,
Dave Dandeneau

For additional commands, e-mail: