struts-user mailing list archives

From Bryan Field-Elliot <bryan_li...@netmeme.org>
Subject Re: best practices for logging in
Date Sun, 24 Feb 2002 22:15:35 GMT
Yes, you (and Torgeir Veimo in a prior message) are right, I could use
container-managed authorization. I'm just not a big fan of it -- it
hasn't bought me much, and since authorization/login check is such a
trivial amount of code, I just prefer it all under my wing. Perhaps
thats wrong.

On Sun, 2002-02-24 at 14:07, Robert Claeson wrote:

    Bryan Field-Elliot wrote:

    > 3. Don't use Struts at all for your login check. Instead, use Servlet
    > Filters (requires a Servlet 2.3 container such as Tomcat 4.0).

    You could, of course, also use J2EE's declarative A&I features.

    --
    "Programmers are tools for converting caffeine into code."
        --Anonymous