struts-user mailing list archives

From Antony Stace <s45652...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Are Vectors in a FormAction set to null after a user has submitted a form?
Date Fri, 01 Feb 2002 15:24:31 GMT
Hi Chuck

I just tried having the first actions scope set to scope="session" and the second actions
scope set to scope="session"
and still the Vector data is still disapearing.  I actually, for a test, set another field
in ActionForm in the first action to a
test value, I didn't have this set on the form anywhere where the user could change this value,
then in the
second action I tried to access this data, but it was not there - it too was gone.  Somehow
a new form is being created
and the scope="session" is not happening.
Any ideas anyone?

Cheers

Tony

On Fri, 01 Feb 2002 07:51:12 -0500
Chuck Cavaness <struts-user@japache.org> wrote:

> That's sort of what I was saying. In the second action, the one that is called after
the user sees the form data and makes some choices, does the scope equal to request or session?
If you have both of these actions defined as session scope, then I don't believe a new ActionForm
would be created during the second action. If the mapping is session, then an ActionForm will
be looked for in the session, which should have been put there on the previous action (along
with the Vector data in it still).

> However, if the second action is defined as request and the first one is session, then
yes the user entered data would make it to the new ActionForm and the Vector data would be
gone because one would be recycled.

> Obviously, this is all a guess. I hope it helps somehow.
>
> Chuck
> --
> Sent via jApache.org

Cheers