struts-user mailing list archives

From Keith <keithbaconstr...@yahoo.com>
Subject Confirm Style (was: Request: Property vs Attribute)
Date Fri, 15 Feb 2002 11:45:21 GMT
maybe heading off topic - forgive me - but I want struts systems to be well
designed!

The web is so darn slow - for repetitive use system confirmation/dialogs are a
real pain. I'm not a designer but I feel it's best to take the user to a useful
page & put your message at the top of it.
eg. in Action after the update
request.removeAttribute("userMessage"); // make sure only 1 message
request.addAttribute("userMessage", "well done - we have saved your details");

then at top of jsp's.
<logic:present name="userMessage" scope="request">
	<bean:write name="userMessage" scope="request" />
</logic:present>

or better still use the new Messages tag.
Keith.