struts-user mailing list archives

From Keith <keithbaconstr...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: ActionForm Defaults/Updates Question
Date Fri, 15 Feb 2002 13:26:48 GMT
I don't use validate(). The only validation I have is in the business logic.
The business class that does validation accepts & returns a string version of
the data (as well as the proper data type).
validate() introduces a new element of execution flow into the design
(validation occurs in 2 diff. layers of the app), is a wee bit problematic &
can be lived without.
see
http://www.mail-archive.com/struts-user@jakarta.apache.org/msg21755.html
(my opinion - but I like to keep things baby simple).
Keith,